This post is sponsored by Philadelphia
Philadelphia were one of the sponsors at the recent Kids Business Bloggers Brunch that I attended at the beginning of November. They also provided lunch and gave us all a gift bag full of Philly products and a cook book – full of Philly and Cadbury recipes. I haven’t had a chance to look through the cookbook yet but Mr Monkey has and said that there is some great recipes in there that he is going to try (big praise from a chef!).
One of the products that we received on the day was the new Cream for Pasta stir through sauce in Tomato & Italian Herb. Philly sent me the recipe (it’s also on the side of the tub) to create their Chicken with Creamy Tomato and Italian Herb Pasta.
Last Wednesday night my parents and my niece were at our house to babysit Lily while I went to the Buddhist centre so I decided to cook the meal for them. Mum can’t have cream so she made herself another meal. So there was the two adults, two toddlers and then hopefully enough left for Mr Monkey to have when he got home from work.
The first thing that impressed me was how quick and easy it was to cook! In all honesty, I started getting the ingredients out of the fridge at 5.30pm and by 5.55pm we were all sitting down to eat. That includes all preparation, cooking while my Mum was also cooking and then taking all of the food out to the table in the backyard with the the toddlers. That’s what I call a fast meal!
The meal was tasty and creamy (although it is actually low fat) and all of the flavours work really well together. I actually forgot the pine nuts and basil leaves but just sprinkled some grated parmesan over the top.
Lily and Olivia gobbled up two bowls of the pasta each and a bowl full was enough for my Dad and me. I added extra pasta and used 600g chicken and this actually left two big bowls leftover. Mr Monkey had one bowl for dinner that night and Lily and I shared the leftovers for lunch yesterday. It’s just as yummy reheated!
I’ve heard and read a lot of comments lately that people do not have time to cook healthy meals due to work and family commitments so are relying on fast food more and more. This is a perfect example of how easy and fast some meals can be! Just pick up a tub of Cream for Pasta from the supermarket with some chicken, pasta and vegetables and you can have a meal on the table in 20 minutes. And I mean actual 20 minutes, not “Jamie Oliver 15 minutes”.
Plus as it’s low fat you can still have that indulgent creamy pasta without the guilt. I’m sure using wholemeal pasta would make it even better! I wouldn’t mind adding more vegetables as well – peas, brocolli, cherry tomatoes or corn would all be great.
Philly Cream for Curry and Philly Cream for Pasta Stir Through Sauces are available in a 250ml tub and can be found in the cream section of the dairy case.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken tenderloins, halved
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 100g baby spinach
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Tomato & Italian Herbs Cream For Pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 250- 300g maccheroni or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- ½ cup roasted pinenuts
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- HEAT a little oil in a medium non stick frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-8 minutes or until golden. Remove and keep warm. Add a little extra oil and saute the capsicum for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt.
- STIR in the PHILLY and chicken. Season with pepper. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened and chicken is heated through.
- PLACE the pasta into serving bowls then spoon over the sauce, sprinkle with pinenuts and basil. Serve immediately
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received payment and product from Philadelphia but all thoughts are my own.