I didn’t do a cleaning zone post last week, did I? Whoops. It was just one of those weeks. The blog was taking low priority in the last of ALL the things I had to do. Also my anxiety was pretty high so I was trying to cut back on the things I *needed* to do.
However, I did manage to get a bit of cleaning done. Well, at least more than I had been doing before.
Let’s start with how I went with the week before – The Bathroom. This zone was a semi-success. One night while both girls were in the bath I grabbed the bleach and attacked the door next to the shower that leads outside. We don’t use this door (there’s another door to outside in the kitchen) and we have our laundry basket in front of it. A lot of mould had started to grow on the bottom of the door which I knew just needed to be wiped down.
It didn’t take me long to wipe that down and the floor below and the edge of the shower. Then I looked at the door leading to the kitchen and realised that needed a good wipe down too so did both sides of that.
That week I also gave the sink and cabinet a good wipe over and cleaned the mirror. Of course, the mirror was a complete mess just the next day.
I didn’t get around to clearing out the drawers or the cupboards. I really need to do that.
So last week, which I didn’t write about, was the laundry.
The laundry is a funny zone to work in. It’s at the back of the house, you have to go outside to access it. It’s basically a built on room at the back, the door is just one of those steel gate ones so the room is never actually closed off. So a lot of dirt gets in, the rain quite often comes in and there’s always grass and leaves on the floor. We also have some tiles being stored on the floor – these are the landlord’s from when they had to re-do the kitchen floor. We’re not sure what we should do with those and just haven’t been bothered to try and move them.
I don’t spend a lot of time in the laundry. Pretty much; sort washing, washing on, washing out. So, it’s not really one I can clean as I go or in between other tasks.
But one afternoon last week I decided I could at least quickly wipe down the outside of the washing machine. The weather was starting to turn and I had the racks full of washing inside so I decided to use the chance to do a tub clean as well (a program on my machine that cleans the inside of the machine). Once I finished wiping the outside of the machine I decided to tackle the shelf above the machine where we keep the supplies. I took all of the supplies down and started to wipe down the shelf. A LOT of dust and dirt had accumulated up there! I sorted out the supplies, go rid of any that we don’t use and reorganised the shelf.
I didn’t really do anymore in the zone after that but I’m happy that at least that much was done. Will need to get the floor clean next time and work out what to do with those tiles.
So this week I’ll be heading upstairs to the bedrooms. Overall, the bedrooms have been fairly good lately.
Since I cleaned out Lily’s toys her room has stayed fairly tidy, it will mostly just need a quick tidy and pick up. I need to change her sheets and Mr Monkey needs to fix her CD player. That’s about it.
In our bedroom there’s the usual floor pick up and baskets full of washing to put away. Beside dusting, window cleaning and vacuuming in each room the major thing that needs to be done is our wardrobe. But that is a big job as I can’t remember the last time I cleared it out and as half of the baskets are broken I’ve really just been putting everything on the top basket. Maybe I’ll aim to get the bottom, accessible, drawers cleared out and go from there.
I also need to clear off the top of Chloe’s drawers that have just been used for storage/dumpage.